Use cases and basic concepts¶
If the following applies to you,
matyan could help:
- Project releases (tags) are numbered according to the semantic versioning or sequence based identifiers.
- Project follows the DTAP.
- Testing, acceptance and production branches (hereafter referred as TAP branches) are protected.
- Direct commits to TAP branches are forbidden.
- All commits to TAP branches are made by pull requests.
- JIRA (or a similar tool) is used for handing project tickets.
- Pull requests are merged using GitHub or BitBucket web interface.
- JIRA is used for issues.
- All commits are prefixed with ID of the JIRA issue: for example, MSFT-1234 or NVDA-1234 (where first four letters identify the client commit was done for, it’s pattern).
- There are 3 main (protected) branches: dev, staging, master. Direct commits to any of the 3 are forbidden. Any feature/bugfix comes via merge request.
- All branches do have meaningful prefixes. Example, feature/MSFT-1234-Title-of-the-issue or bugfix/MSFT-1236-prevent-duplicate-postal-codes.
- Release flow is dev -> staging -> master.
Consider the following commits into the dev branch:
- MSFT-1240 Fix package configuration.
- MSFT-1240 Update authentication pipeline.
- MSFT-1239 Deprecate Python2.
- MSFT-1238 Add initial MyPY setup.
- MSFT-1238 Implement token authentication.
- MSFT-1238 Update authentication docs.
- MSFT-1237 Improve document sharing. Add option to share via GDrive.
- MSFT-1236 Normalise postal codes for German addresses.
- MSFT-1236 Normalise postal codes for US addresses.
- MSFT-1236 Make postal code field unique for the country.
- MSFT-1235 Deprecate API v 2.0.
- MSFT-1235 Update docs.
- MSFT-1234 Initial car type suggester implementation.
- MSFT-1234 Add insurance amount indication based on car weight.
All commits have been finally merged into master.
Releases have been made in the following way:
- Merged issues MSFT-1234, MSFT-1235 and MSFT-1236
- Merged issues MSFT-1237 and MSFT-1238
Yet unreleased features/branches
- MSFT-1239 and
Sample changelog output¶
The generated change log would look as follows:
### 0.2 **Features** *MSFT-1238 Token-authentication* - Implement token authentication. - Update authentication docs. *MSFT-1237 Improve document sharing* - Improve document sharing. Add option to share via GDrive. ### 0.1 **Bugfixes** *MSFT-1236 Prevent duplicate postal codes* - Normalise postal codes for German addresses. - Normalise postal codes for US addresses. - Make postal code field unique for the country. **Deprecations** *MSFT-1235 Deprecate old api* - Deprecate API v 2.0. - Update docs. **Features** *MSFT-1234 Car type suggester* - Initial car type suggester implementation. - Add insurance amount indication based on car weight.